How long has it been since you compared lower-priced auto insurance rates in Long Beach, CA? Long Beach consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Chevy Spark EV insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chevy and locate the lowest possible price from Long Beach insurance agents and online providers.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of drivers in California kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in America could pocket 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates at least once a year because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest quotes on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Long Beach on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to find better coverage on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Long Beach at a better price.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Long Beach, CA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Long Beach, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Cheaper Long Beach insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Long Beach car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to scrutinize driving patterns remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 get Long Beach car insurance online.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Long Beach could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- SAFECO includes discounts for drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, good student, and early bird.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, good driver, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
If you are trying to find affordable Long Beach car insurance quotes, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in every state.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Spark EV Insurance Prices?
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
Listed below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Get hitched and get cheaper prices – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. It usually means you are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Drive less and save – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your Spark EV is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Gender impacts rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- More performance means higher rates – The type of car you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- No car insurance policy gaps is important – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Long Beach who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Long Beach?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
When searching for a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Long Beach are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but we need to point out how they are different because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below are Long Beach exclusive agents who may provide you with price quotes.
- Vinny Bommaiah – State Farm Insurance Agent
6272 Pacific Coast Hwy Ste C – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 439-8544 – View Map
- Vali De Vries – State Farm Insurance Agent
1777 N Bellflower Blvd #111 – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 494-7700 – View Map
- Peter Kong – State Farm Insurance Agent
2020 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 438-8188 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Below are Long Beach independent agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Lara Insurance
6689 Downey Ave – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 408-2800 – View Map
- Rosanne Sanchez Insurance Agency
1165 E San Antonio Dr – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (310) 874-3933 – View Map
- Amico Insurance Agency
100 Oceangate #1200 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 628-5553 – View Map
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
In the end, you can save money
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
You just read a lot of information how to reduce Chevy Spark EV insurance premium rates online in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Long Beach car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
How to find cheaper rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Long Beach
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Long Beach.
- Try to comprehend how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Spark EV coverage is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Make sure you safely store the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)