If you want to save money, the best way to save money on auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Long Beach.
Step 1: Read and learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s astonishing, but 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Long Beach drivers could save about $469 every year, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Long Beach, CA. If you want cheaper car insurance in CA, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your A7 has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Save a ton on Audi A7 insurance in Long Beach with these eight discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data submission to study their driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when getting a Long Beach car insurance quote.
- Long Beach Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for switch companies, business and professional, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, youthful driver, good student, and pay in full.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, multi-policy, newly married, new graduate, and new move discount.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
If you need the cheapest Audi A7 rate quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Can’t I compare prices from local Long Beach insurance agents?
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. And supporting small agencies is especially important in Long Beach.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Long Beach that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Long Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Long Beach?
- What companies can they write with?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Long Beach?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Car insurance policy coverages for an Audi A7
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your A7 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your A7 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and surgery. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Audi A7.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a deer, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Affordable car insurance premiums are out there
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to save on Audi A7 insurance in Long Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Long Beach car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Affordable Audi A7 insurance in Long Beach is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Long Beach, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Long Beach Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Car Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)