It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save on Buick Regal insurance is to compare prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Long Beach. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around once a year are highly likely to switch insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent insurance study discovered that people who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around.
If saving money on insurance is the reason for your visit, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for coverage rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Discount Long Beach car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course in safe driver can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn cheaper premium rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable data collection to study driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your overall premium however.
Auto insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
If you need affordable Long Beach auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area. If you would like to view companies with the best discounts in California, click here to view.
To get inexpensive Long Beach auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from different Long Beach insurance companies. The easiest way to compare Buick Regal insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a better price. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so you also need to get quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in California. To get cheap auto insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Buick Regal Insurance Premium Factors
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the things that factor into prices.
- Limits of liability insurance – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Theft deterrents save – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Cheaper to insure females? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Good drivers pay less – Just one driving citation may cause rates to rise substantially. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. People who have dangerous tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
- Combine policies and save – Most companies give a discount for people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other Long Beach Regal insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- Low deductibles cost more – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- High credit scores equal low costs – Credit history factor in calculating your premium rate. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Regal by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Buick Regal insurance loss data – Companies use claims history to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Regal Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Long Beach car insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Long Beach.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Long Beach auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Below are Long Beach insurance companies willing to provide price quote information for Buick Regal insurance in Long Beach.
- Earl Jordan – State Farm Insurance Agent
2545 E Broadway – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 434-0911 – View Map
- Jim Seilsopour – State Farm Insurance Agent
4195 N Viking Way Ste 180 – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 420-6819 – View Map
- Ron Whitson – State Farm Insurance Agent
249 E Ocean Blvd Ste 100 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 435-5700 – View Map
- Von Arx, Jason – Farmers Insurance
400 Oceangate # 305 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-6801 – View Map
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Long Beach will have answers to these questions.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How long has their agency been open in Long Beach?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
If you get good answers to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that can be relied on to service your policy.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Regal insurance, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Buick. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Buick gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart shoppers get results
We’ve covered many ways to get a better price on Buick Regal insurance in Long Beach. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Buick Regal insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you quote Long Beach auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Long Beach Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Long Beach Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)