Are you looking for a better way to compare the cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance in Long Beach? No normal person is fond of buying auto insurance, in particular when the cost is too high.
It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved over $3,450 over four years compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the best price on auto insurance is your objective, understanding how to compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money. Lots of insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and get the definite lowest rate on Cadillac ATS insurance in Long Beach.
Smart consumers take time to check auto insurance prices at least once a year because insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the best premium rates on Cadillac ATS insurance in Long Beach six months ago a different company probably has better prices today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to use online quotes to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Buying affordable insurance in Long Beach is really not that difficult. Drivers just need to learn the most time-saving way to compare rate quotes from many different companies online.
Getting a more affordable price on insurance is actually easier than you may think. Just take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to local Long Beach insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the peace of mind that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, obtain prices from the web but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Long Beach, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Cadillac ATS insurance in Long Beach
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new ATS can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Long Beach car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- College Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Long Beach car insurance quote.
- Online Discount – Many companies provide a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your premiums.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Travelers discounts include hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, save driver, home ownership, and IntelliDrive.
- 21st Century offers discounts for air bags, 55 and older, driver training, automatic seat belts, and student driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, defensive driver, military active duty, anti-theft, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be available in Long Beach. To find insurers offering insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Don’t I need to have guidance from an insurance agency?
A small number of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important particularly in Long Beach.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Long Beach who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Long Beach insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Long Beach can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, you will want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Long Beach who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Long Beach willing to provide comparison quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Long Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Once you have satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
How Your ATS Insurance Prices are Determined
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- High comp and collision deductibles lower rates – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Cadillac. Some coverage claims would be running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Premiums can be impacted by your employer – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as judges, police officers, and miners have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers like farmers, students and homemakers pay the least.
- Where you call home factors in – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims. Residents of big cities have more traffic problems and longer commute times. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse actually saves money compared to being single. It demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- High credit scores equal low costs – Credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Cadillac ATS by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- File insurance claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in California award most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- With age comes responsibility – Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be less responsible with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Insurance losses for a Cadillac ATS – Companies factor in historical loss data when setting premium prices. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac ATS Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
A little work can save a LOT of money
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on Cadillac ATS insurance in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Long Beach car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a small local company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
When searching for the cheapest Cadillac ATS rate quotes, never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to saving money on Cadillac ATS insurance in Long Beach
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount Cadillac ATS insurance in Long Beach is to compare prices once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in California. You can compare rates by following these steps.
First, try to comprehend car insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Long Beach. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)