Unthinkable but true, the majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Drivers in California could save almost $470 every year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Long Beach is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in California.
- First, gain an understanding of individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on S6 insurance in Long Beach. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is that you use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. We hope to let you in on the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. But California drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how companies sell online.
When shopping for Audi S6 insurance in Long Beach there are multiple ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. One of the best ways to find competitive Audi S6 insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s important to know that quoting more helps you find more affordable insurance. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so you also need to get quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Long Beach, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Audi S6 insurance rates and statistics
The data table displayed below covers estimates of coverage costs for Audi S6 models. Learning a little about how auto insurance policy rates are established can be of help when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S6 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$506||$1080||$596||$36||$178||$2,396||$200|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise insurance rates noticeably.
How accidents and violations affect rates in Long Beach
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders impact Audi S6 insurance premiums for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The illustration below compares Audi S6 auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi S6 replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Choosing Audi vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your S6 with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
These five discounts can cut Audi S6 insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current S6 insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper S6 insurance.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below shows the comparison of Audi S6 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer online Audi S6 insurance quotes in Long Beach, click here.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Long Beach car insurance agents?
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Long Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Long Beach that provide free Long Beach car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents in Long Beach may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they can write business through many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agencies in Long Beach that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Lanterman Insurance Agency, Inc.
5318 E 2nd St #643 – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 743-1607 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
4401 Atlantic Ave #214 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 548-7488 – View Map
- Lara Insurance
6689 Downey Ave – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 408-2800 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Long Beach exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Steve Dwight
4625 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 494-4494 – View Map
- Peter Chai – State Farm Insurance Agent
3253 E South St #103 – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 634-2000 – View Map
- Joe Lopez Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
5199 Pacific Coast Hwy Ste 616 – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 597-5547 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How long has their agency been open in Long Beach?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your S6 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your S6 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses like rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, hospital visits and ambulance fees. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like medical services, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Audi S6.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive protection – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like theft, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
More effort can pay off
We covered a lot of techniques to save on Audi S6 insurance in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Audi S6 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Cheaper insurance in Long Beach can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have online quoting and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Much more information about insurance in California is available at the links below
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)