If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Long Beach.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for instructions to get low prices and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Long Beach could save about 35% every year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Most of the larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates from their websites. The process is fairly straightforward as you just type in the coverages you want into a form. Once entered, their quoting system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on the information you submitted. Quoting online for Chevy Cruze insurance in Long Beach simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a better rate.
To quickly find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don’t neglect these premium slashing discounts
Some insurers do not advertise all discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, good student, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Travelers has discounts for good student, driver training, multi-policy, continuous insurance, student away at school, and multi-car.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, family plan, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, pay in full, alternative fuel, youthful driver, and early shopping.
- Esurance includes discounts for homeowner, emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, online shopper, and Pac-12 alumni.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, type of vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, and age of vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in every state.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Long Beach.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Long Beach are considered either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, you need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Long Beach that can give you competitive price quotes.
Priscilla Vallejos Insurance Agency
2725 Candlewood St – Lakewood, CA 90712 – (562) 552-3259 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Long Beach willing to provide price quote information.
Ron Whitson – State Farm Insurance Agent
249 E Ocean Blvd Ste 100 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 435-5700 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in Long Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How long have they been in business?
How Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Cruze Insurance Costs
Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Are men or women drivers cheaper? – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Pay more by driving carelessly – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Lower premiums for safer vehicles – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Save money with good credit – A driver’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Cruze by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Cruze – Companies use data from past claims to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Even though Long Beach Cruze insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy Cruze. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Budget-conscious Chevy Cruze insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Long Beach agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below: