Statistics show that most drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. California drivers could cut their rates by almost $469 a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Long Beach is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in California.
Step 1: Get an understanding of coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent expensive coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper TrailBlazer coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. Immediately keep your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get insurance quotes online. Comparing prices online for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Long Beach is very simple as you just enter your personal and coverage information into a form. Once entered, their quoting system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on many factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get cheap car insurance pricing.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will receive a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Long Beach, CA. To buy cheap auto insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list all discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy could qualify for cheaper rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used TrailBlazer is cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better auto insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current TrailBlazer insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Long Beach auto insurance online.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to view providers with discount rates in California, click here.
What Affects Chevy TrailBlazer Insurance Prices?
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Responsible credit saves on insurance – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit history could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet TrailBlazer by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Gender as a rate factor – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one moving violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get dangerous tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Safer occupants lowers insurance rates – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Your job may affect rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs like judges, social workers, and stock brokers generally pay higher rates than average attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs like actors, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the miles on your Chevy each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your TrailBlazer may be costing you.
- Small claims can cost you – Auto insurance companies in California give the best rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.