Would you like to stop wasting money and find cheaper car insurance rates in Long Beach, CA? Long Beach drivers have options when trying to find low-cost Ford Mustang insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to compare rates on a Ford and get the lowest price from both online companies and Long Beach agents.
Cheapest Ford Mustang insurance price quotes in Long Beach, CA
Getting a low cost price on Ford Mustang insurance is an easy way to save money. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Long Beach, CA. To get the best cheap car insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage table displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Ford Mustang models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are established can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$204||$418||$450||$26||$134||$1,232||$103|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$418||$564||$34||$168||$1,388||$116|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$230||$482||$450||$26||$134||$1,322||$110|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$230||$482||$564||$34||$168||$1,478||$123|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$258||$608||$450||$26||$134||$1,476||$123|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$284||$670||$564||$34||$168||$1,720||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Ford Mustang insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cautious Long Beach drivers save money
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can impact Ford Mustang car insurance rates for each different age category. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
The Ford Mustang Insurance Price Equation
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Better rates for no policy lapses – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress vocation? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs such as lawyers, executives, and dentists tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us because of job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs like actors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
Guys pay more for car insurance – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The example below shows the difference between Ford Mustang insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Less chance of injury means lower prices – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Ford has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – The majority of auto insurance companies apply better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying from different companies
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, damage from fire, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Ford Mustang claim statistics – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when setting premium costs. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford Mustang vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Mustang Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Mustang 2dr 175 80 131 109 136 117 Ford Mustang GT 2dr 171 61 143 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Long Beach, insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Ford but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
California car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the highest-rated car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in California. The company information shown below can help you select which auto insurers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+