A study showed that nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. American insurance shoppers could save roughly $859 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
To save the most money, the best way to get budget Subaru BRZ insurance in Long Beach is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in California. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend how insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
The goal of this article is to tell you how car insurance works. If you have insurance now, you will be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Nevertheless, California consumers must understand the methods companies use to compete online and apply this information to your search.
When shopping for affordable Subaru BRZ insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps locate the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Long Beach, CA. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Long Beach, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Subaru, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Subaru for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Subaru but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Long Beach overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save money by taking advantage of these six discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Long Beach auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow driving data submission to spy on when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To locate auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Long Beach, click this link.
When to talk to an agent
Many people just want to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Long Beach.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you’re trying to find a good Long Beach insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Long Beach that can give you comparison quotes.
- Galaxy Insurance Service, Inc
2411 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 438-7000 – View Map
- Priscilla Vallejos Insurance Agency
2725 Candlewood St – Lakewood, CA 90712 – (562) 552-3259 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
4401 Atlantic Ave #214 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 548-7488 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are Long Beach exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Susie Atwood – State Farm Insurance Agent
5624 E 2nd St – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 434-5729 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Troy Kelly
5353 E 2nd St #207 – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 434-0301 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Paul Soeung
2338 E Anaheim St #101a – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 856-0328 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Long Beach should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like vandalism, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your BRZ from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your BRZ to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, medical expenses and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for dental work, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
When you buy Long Beach auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance in Long Beach is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver or even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)