How long has it been since you compared the cheapest car insurance rates in Long Beach, CA? Long Beach drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Subaru WRX insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for a Subaru and obtain the best price possible.
Cheapest Subaru WRX insurance quotes in Long Beach, California
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in California. If you wish to find the best car insurance in CA, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your Subaru and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in California overpays more than $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
Listed below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Obey driving laws and save – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Having a single speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Subaru WRX is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- High physical damage deductibles equal low rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Drive lots and pay more – The higher the miles on your Subaru each year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An improperly rated WRX may be costing you higher rates.
- How your age affects prices – Older drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Is car insurance cheaper for males or females? – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
Insurance loss statistics a Subaru WRX – Companies factor in insurance loss information as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Subaru WRX Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Quote more and you will save more
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Subaru WRX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Subaru WRX rate quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Subaru WRX insurance in Long Beach
The preferred way to save money on Subaru WRX insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies that sell auto insurance in Long Beach. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn a little about coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Long Beach. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.