It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are very likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Long Beach is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in California. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every price quote and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Long Beach is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you currently have auto insurance, you should be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Nevertheless, California car owners do need to know the methods companies use to calculate their prices and use it to your advantage.
Informed Drivers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up insurance rates – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in California give the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Lots of insurance companies will award lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Incidental coverages push up premiums – There are a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Which gender costs less? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The example below illustrates the difference between Toyota Corolla premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Attentive drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Getting just one citation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who get severe tickets like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can increase Toyota Corolla auto insurance rates for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Toyota has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive every year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your insurance policy is rated on the right rating data, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Corolla may be wasting your money.
Insurance loss statistics a Toyota Corolla – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Toyota Corolla vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Toyota Corolla Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Corolla 133 111 94 156 158 128BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Analysis of Toyota Corolla rates
The price information displayed next outlines different rate quotes for Toyota Corolla models. Having a good grasp of how insurance quotes are figured can aid in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can alter coverage prices substantially.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Toyota Corolla premium costs for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Do you qualify for discounts on Toyota Corolla insurance in Long Beach?
Car insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you purchase, but some must be asked for before being credited.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow data collection to scrutinize their driving habits through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Corolla auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, multi-car, drive less, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, Steer into Savings, early bird, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO discounts include good student, military active duty, seat belt use, daytime running lights, defensive driver, driver training, and membership and employees.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, driver training, good student, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
If you want inexpensive Long Beach auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Long Beach. To see companies who offer online Toyota Corolla insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
You just read a lot of ways to lower your Toyota Corolla insurance prices in Long Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective Toyota Corolla insurance can be sourced on the web and with local Long Beach insurance agents, so you need to shop Long Beach auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)