The recommended way to get affordable Toyota Prius insurance in Long Beach is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in California.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for ideas to prevent high rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices will probably buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your objective, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying affordable auto insurance in Long Beach is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. But California car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
When quoting insurance, remember that quoting more helps locate the best offered rates. Not every company does price estimates online, so it’s important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information displayed below covers estimates of coverage prices for Toyota Prius models. Learning a little about how rates are established can be useful when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify premium rates significantly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Prius insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Prius claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Get cheaper Toyota Prius insurance rates in Long Beach
Some companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Long Beach car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should help reduce your overall bill.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Prius insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above include:
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your area.
Why you need insurance for your Toyota vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Prius in Long Beach, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Long Beach is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to save money.
Car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a highly-rated company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in California. The information below may help you analyze which providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Long Beach who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Long Beach, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How are they compensated?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
When finding a local Long Beach insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Long Beach can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Long Beach willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Long Beach that are able to give price quotes.