We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who get price comparisons will probably buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding lower rate quotes. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on Dodge Magnum insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make the process less intimidating.
To save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Dodge Magnum insurance in Long Beach is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in California. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for more information to help prevent costly coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Long Beach is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. You just have to know the most time-saving way to shop for insurance instantly.
Buy Long Beach Dodge Magnum insurance online
Finding low cost Long Beach car insurance prices is not a difficult process. Just spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Dodge Magnum insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. You can, however, compare online quotes but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Long Beach, CA. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Long Beach, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance in Long Beach with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before they will apply.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Sign Online – Some larger companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and good driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include multi-car, annual mileage, good driver, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, and accident-free.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for teen driver, homeowners, defensive driver, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate includes discounts for good student, FullPay discount, resident student, premier plus, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Are auto insurance agents used anymore?
Some people just want to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Long Beach.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Long Beach who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you need to find a local Long Beach insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Long Beach can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Long Beach that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Long Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
Deciding on a insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Magnum from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Magnum in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills such as dental work, EMT expenses, pain medications and doctor visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in California), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability insurance – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid, court costs and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, fire damage, falling objects and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Be persistent and save
You just learned a lot of ways to reduce Dodge Magnum insurance premium rates online in Long Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Affordable Dodge Magnum insurance in Long Beach is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)