Sadly, a large majority of drivers in California kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in the U.S. could save $860 each year, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Really, the only way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Long Beach is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in California. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that increase rates like accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Locating the best rates in Long Beach is really not that difficult. If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to buy cheaper car insurance and still have adequate protection. Smart shoppers just need to use the most time-saving way to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
Many insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Hyundai Equus insurance in Long Beach is fairly straightforward because you just enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. The ability to get online rate quotes for Hyundai Equus insurance in Long Beach simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find a lower rate.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in California. If you want cheap car insurance in California, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Long Beach, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Equus, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Take advantage of these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Long Beach and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Equus insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Organization Discounts – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will forgive one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, student away at school, good student, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, safe driver, renewal discount, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, membership and employees, air bags, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, multi-car, and homeowner.
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in Long Beach, click here to view.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Long Beach?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Should I rate my Hyundai Equus as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance company ratings
Finding the right auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Long Beach. The company information shown below may help you select which providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance