Sadly, most car insurance policyholders in California have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in America can cut their rates by approximately 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest Chevy Bolt insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Long Beach.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Long Beach. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Make sure you place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Finding and buying the best car insurance coverage in Long Beach is actually quite simple. If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, use these money-saving tips to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. You just have to learn the most efficient way to shop on the web.
Smart Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Bundle policies and save – Many insurance companies apply discounts to clients that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other Long Beach Bolt insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
With age comes lower premiums – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience are known to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Rates can be impacted by your occupation – Occupations like military generals, air traffic controllers, and accountants usually pay higher rates than average because of job stress and long work hours. Other jobs such as farmers, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Low deductibles mean high costs – Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your Chevy. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Are men or women drivers cheaper? – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Driving citations can increase prices – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received flagrant citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
How many miles do you drive? – The more you drive each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Bolt may be wasting your money. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better car insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Long Beach, CA. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in Long Beach, CA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Long Beach Bolt insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Chevy Bolt and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies provide a small discount shop Long Beach auto insurance on their website.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Chevrolet Bolt insurance rates in Long Beach.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, and multi-car.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, good student, and good driver.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, driver training, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, air bag, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies everywhere. To view car insurance companies with the best Chevy Bolt insurance discounts in Long Beach, click here to view.
Insurance quotes from neighborhood Long Beach auto insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Long Beach.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of Long Beach car insurance agents
If you want a good Long Beach insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can provide insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always include rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Long Beach that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Priscilla Vallejos Insurance Agency
2725 Candlewood St – Lakewood, CA 90712 – (562) 552-3259 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Long Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Long Beach should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Bolt?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
How much can you save?
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Chevy Bolt insurance auto insurance rates online in Long Beach. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Long Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)