It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year will presumably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that people who compared rates annually saved on average $850 each year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on Chevy Corvette insurance is your objective, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Chevy Corvette insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in Long Beach.
- Try to understand individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for ideas to get cheaper rates and earn larger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. View prices
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Corvette insurance in Long Beach. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Long Beach, CA, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage table displayed below outlines estimates of coverage prices for Chevy Corvette models. Learning a little about how auto insurance prices are formulated is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Corvette 2-Dr Coupe||$430||$812||$300||$18||$90||$1,650||$138|
|Corvette GS 2-Dr Coupe||$510||$906||$300||$18||$90||$1,824||$152|
|Corvette 2-Dr Convertible||$510||$906||$386||$22||$116||$1,940||$162|
|Corvette GS 2-Dr Convertible||$550||$1002||$386||$22||$116||$2,076||$173|
|Corvette Z06 2-Dr Coupe||$550||$1002||$300||$18||$90||$1,960||$163|
|Corvette ZR1 2-Dr Coupe||$710||$1378||$300||$18||$90||$2,496||$208|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase coverage rates substantially.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Chevy Corvette premium costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Long Beach
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Chevy Corvette car insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Corvette annual premiums for males versus females
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Corvette insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Chevy Corvette car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Corvette settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Earn discounts on Long Beach insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from Long Beach attending college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below compares Chevy Corvette insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including switch companies, mature driver, distant student, good student, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance offers discounts for Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, multiple policy, student away at school, good student, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, membership and employees, anti-theft, military active duty, and good student.
- Allstate includes discounts for defensive driver, senior citizen, auto/life discount, safe driver, farm vehicle, teenSMART discount, and resident student.
If you are trying to find affordable Long Beach car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered in your state.
Protect your Chevy Corvette and other assets
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy Corvette and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to your policy, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Long Beach?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking a insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Long Beach, get answers to these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When searching for an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Agencies in Long Beach are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can do a good job, but it’s important to know how they are different since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Long Beach that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Long Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses like EMT expenses, doctor visits, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your Corvette resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Corvette in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive car insurance – This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as falling objects, a broken windshield, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, emergency aid, structural damage and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Chevy Corvette.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.