It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Audi A4 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Long Beach. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who get comparison quotes once a year will presumably switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rates annually saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Audi A4 insurance in Long Beach is to realize most of the bigger providers provide online access to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including what you do for a living, if the car is leased, driver details, and your credit rating estimate. That rating data is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies provide price quotes in Long Beach, CA. To find the best auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Audi A4 insurance analysis
The information displayed below covers estimates of insurance rates for Audi A4 models. Having a better understanding of how prices are figured can help you make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$420||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,218||$185|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$420||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,076||$173|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$420||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,076||$173|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$420||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,218||$185|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$468||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,266||$189|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$468||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,266||$189|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$468||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,266||$189|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$468||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,266||$189|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$468||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,266||$189|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$468||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,266||$189|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can change coverage prices significantly.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Audi A4 car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact formula for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi A4 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Long Beach auto insurance quote in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- Allstate may have discounts that include teenSMART discount, 55 and retired, senior citizen, multi-policy, early signing, and good student.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, drive less, accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, good student, safe driver, multi-policy, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, good student, and multi-policy.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. To locate companies with the best Audi A4 insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Why you need quality insurance for your Audi vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi A4 insurance, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Audi A4, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Best auto insurance company in California
Selecting a good quality company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in California. The company ratings shown next may help you pick which car insurance companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Car insurance can get complicated
When quoting and comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Audi A4?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying car insurance from Long Beach auto insurance agents
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Long Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Long Beach that provide free Long Beach auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Long Beach should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?