Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Chevy SS insurance in Long Beach? Locating cheaper insurance for your Chevy SS in California could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for your Chevy and find the cheapest rates either online or from Long Beach insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices once or twice a year because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest rates on Chevy SS insurance in Long Beach at your last renewal a different company probably has better premium rates today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to find out how to use online quotes to get good coverage on Chevy SS insurance in Long Beach at a lower rate.
Getting cheaper auto insurance pricing doesn’t have to be difficult. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes to see which company has cheaper Long Beach car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Long Beach, CA. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Long Beach, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy SS insurance in Long Beach
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get reduced rates.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for switching companies early. You may see this discount when you get Long Beach car insurance quotes online.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- 21st Century discounts include teen driver, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, student driver, and theft prevention.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, good student, multiple autos, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for family plan, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may include discounts for defensive driver, paid-in-full, safety device, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and bundle.
When comparing rates, check with every company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Long Beach. To see a list of companies who offer online Chevy SS insurance quotes in Long Beach, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still like to visit with an insurance agent. Agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Long Beach who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent because prices are sent to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If they are an independent agency in Long Beach, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a local claims center in Long Beach?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
The difference between Long Beach auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Long Beach may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Long Beach willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Debra Gonzalez
6390 E Willow St – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 795-0488 – View Map
- State Farm: Steve Dwight
4625 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 494-4494 – View Map
- Peter Kong – State Farm Insurance Agent
2020 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 438-8188 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Long Beach that can give you price quote information.
- Rosanne Sanchez Insurance Agency
1165 E San Antonio Dr – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (310) 874-3933 – View Map
- Integrity Now Insurance Brokers, Inc.
6285 E Spring St – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 606-1030 – View Map
- Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
If you feel you receive reasonable responses as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance. But remember, you can cancel a policy for any reason so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any specific agency for a certain time period.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, prosthetic devices and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, hitting a deer, vandalism, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your SS from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your SS to bring the cost down.
Liability – This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, medical expenses, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Chevy SS.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
You can lower your insurance rates
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Low-cost Chevy SS insurance in Long Beach is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Long Beach, so you need to shop Long Beach car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
How to buy cheaper Chevy SS insurance in Long Beach
The best way we recommend to get budget Chevy SS insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Long Beach. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One thing to remember is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Long Beach Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)