If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Long Beach is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in California. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, read about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Traverse coverage is available in Long Beach. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. California consumers could save an average of $500 each year, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Traverse insurance in Long Beach is to know the fact most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, types of safety features, whether you have decent credit, and what you do for a living. Your details is then submitted to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Long Beach.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Long Beach, CA. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in CA, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional in California
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Long Beach, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Statistics and details
The information shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Chevy Traverse models. Being aware of how insurance prices are established can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$204||$292||$384||$22||$114||$1,016||$85|
|Traverse LS AWD||$230||$292||$384||$22||$114||$1,042||$87|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$230||$292||$384||$22||$114||$1,042||$87|
|Traverse LT AWD||$230||$354||$384||$22||$114||$1,104||$92|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$230||$354||$384||$22||$114||$1,104||$92|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$230||$354||$384||$22||$114||$1,104||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease premiums noticeably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Chevy Traverse insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The example below shows how violations and at-fault collisions can influence Chevy Traverse car insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Long Beach auto insurance quote.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Traverse premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family has discounts for good student, early bird, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- Progressive has savings for good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers offers discounts including student away at school, good student, home ownership, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, early quote, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, pay in full, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, and distant student.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, new vehicle, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new vehicle discount, good student, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, new move discount, multi-car, and new graduate.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available everywhere. To see providers offering car insurance discounts in California, click here.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing your policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.