A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. American consumers could save an average of approximately $850 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The preferred way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Long Beach is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Be sure to keep the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good piece of advice is to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Most of the larger companies allow consumers to get price estimates from their websites. The process is possible for anyone because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. When the form is submitted, the system pulls your credit score and driving record and returns a price determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Long Beach simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for cheap insurance pricing.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will receive a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in California. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Long Beach, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheap Long Beach insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Shelby GT350 insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Long Beach Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- E-sign – Certain larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application digitally online.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you affordable Ford Shelby GT350 insurance rates in Long Beach.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of providers that offer discounts in California, follow this link.
What Affects Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance Prices?
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Prevent theft and save – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Ford. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Consolidate and save – Most major companies allow a discount for people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Age of drivers – Beginning drivers in California tend to be more careless when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Ford Shelby GT350 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- If they are an independent agency in Long Beach, which companies do they recommend?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Which car insurance company is best in Long Beach?
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Long Beach. The company rank data shown below can help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Compare but don’t skimp
Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents. Low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Long Beach can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is actually quite simple.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
More information can be found at the links below
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)