It’s shocking but the vast majority of car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. California insurance shoppers could save an average of up to $500 each year, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to find discount Kia K900 insurance in Long Beach is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in California. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Long Beach, CA. To buy cheap auto insurance in Long Beach, CA, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best K900 insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your Kia K900 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your K900 definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in California overpays as much as $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How You Can Control Kia K900 Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Your gender affects prices – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- How’s your driving record? – Only having one driving citation can boost insurance rates substantially. Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- High physical damage deductibles cost less – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- City traffic equals higher rates – Living in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- Stay claim-free and save money – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in California award the lowest premiums to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most insurers will give better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Smart shoppers get results
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Kia K900 insurance car insurance rates in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding low cost Long Beach car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)