The preferred way to find discount car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Long Beach. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to compare coverages can help simplify the process.
Find Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid Insurance Cheaper
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with better insurance rates. Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Careless driving means higher rates – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Careful drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Your spouse saves you money – Your spouse helps lower the price on insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Car features that cut insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs – The performance of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are for smaller low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Keep prices low by being claim-free – Insurance companies in California award cheaper rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
To find low cost Long Beach car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The best method to find the cheapest Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance rates is to get quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to go to all the different Long Beach insurance agencies. Comparing Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance rate quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a local agency. Although you can comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates. Some companies don’t provide online Long Beach Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Long Beach, CA. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Long Beach, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect your Optima Plug-In Hybrid and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid in Long Beach, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Optima Plug-In Hybrid more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable rates with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Long Beach car insurance quotes online.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive lower premium rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for student away at school, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, and save driver.
- American Family discounts include TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good student, good driver, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-car, newly retired, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, good student, and new vehicle discount.
It’s a good idea to ask each company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state.
Compare prices but still have a local Long Beach insurance agent
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Long Beach.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Long Beach car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When finding a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in Long Beach are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Long Beach that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Long Beach exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
What is the best auto insurance company in Long Beach?
Finding the right insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in California. The ranking information below may help you select which insurers to look at comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to buying a policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
You can find cheaper coverage
When getting Long Beach car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Long Beach can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Long Beach agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)