It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop rates annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved about $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Long Beach is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to quote and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Long Beach. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives more details to help keep prices low and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates.
The following companies provide quotes in Long Beach, CA. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Long Beach, CA, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable rates on Lexus LC 500 insurance in Long Beach with these discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Long Beach can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total LC 500 insurance premium.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a driver safety class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits are:
When quoting, ask each company how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Long Beach, click here to view.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your LC 500, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Ratings for California car insurance companies
Ending up with the right car insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in California. The company rank data in the next section may help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Compare rates but buy from a local Long Beach insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Long Beach.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Long Beach who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of Long Beach auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Long Beach who may provide pricing information.
Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Long Beach willing to provide price quotes.
Jim Seilsopour – State Farm Insurance Agent
4195 N Viking Way Ste 180 – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 420-6819 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. A good agent in Long Beach will have answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If they are an independent agency in Long Beach, which companies do they recommend?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?