If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on car insurance rates in Long Beach is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and a negative credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Long Beach. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop for lower rates will probably buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved on average $865 a year compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Long Beach is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to compare car insurance can save money and time.
Find More Affordable Insurance with These Tips
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into your rates.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Gender and auto insurance – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. They both are in fender benders in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Too many insurance claims will drive premiums up – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in California give most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Mature drivers pay less – Youthful drivers in California tend to be easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Long Beach is to understand most insurance companies participate in a system to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including how much education you have, whether you are single or married, the ages of drivers, and your credit rating estimate. The data is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Long Beach.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Long Beach, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your SLS AMG, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercedes-Benz for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $750 every year so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Score discounts on Long Beach insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Long Beach.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current SLS AMG insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 can get better insurance rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders these discounts include:
If you need inexpensive Long Beach auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click this link.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Long Beach who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Long Beach should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Long Beach that are able to give price quotes.
- Jeff Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
4087 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 595-6969 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Troy Kelly
5353 E 2nd St #207 – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 434-0301 – View Map
- Sonny Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4166 Norse Way a – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 429-1809 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Long Beach that are able to give price quotes.
- Lara Insurance
6689 Downey Ave – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 408-2800 – View Map
- Integrity Now Insurance Brokers, Inc.
6285 E Spring St – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 606-1030 – View Map
- Global Guard Insurance
1310 Pine Ave d – Long Beach, CA 90813 – (562) 591-5181 – View Map
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Long Beach is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how to save on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Long Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Long Beach auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)