It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who compare other prices are highly likely to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent survey discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved about $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Long Beach is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Long Beach is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in California.
Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and your credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Montego insurance in Long Beach. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to point out is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Cheap Mercury insurance price quotes in Long Beach
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Long Beach, CA. To buy the best auto insurance in California, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Mercury Montego insurance.
- Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Long Beach could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies give discounts for switching companies early. The savings is around 10%.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Long Beach and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for defensive driver, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, and driver training.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good student, and student away at school.
- Nationwide offers discounts including multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, good student, and family plan.
- Esurance discounts include paid-in-full, multi-car, DriveSense, multi-policy, Switch & Save, and good driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, and good student.
When getting free Long Beach car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply in Long Beach. To find insurers that offer many of these discounts in Long Beach, click here to view.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that go into determining car insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Many insurance companies will give lower prices to buyers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Save money with high credit – Credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Mercury Montego if you improve your credit rating.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant citations like DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- High coverage deductibles cost less – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Long Beach that can provide free Long Beach car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When searching for a local Long Beach insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Long Beach may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Long Beach exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Joilyn Hanley
5520 E 2nd St a – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 438-4663 – View Map
- Earl Jordan – State Farm Insurance Agent
2545 E Broadway – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 434-0911 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Peter Long
818 E Anaheim St #220 – Long Beach, CA 90813 – (562) 951-1813 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you include several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Listed below are Long Beach independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Adriana’s Insurance Services Inc
1075 E Pacific Coast Hwy – Long Beach, CA 90806 – (562) 344-9222 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
4401 Atlantic Ave #214 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 548-7488 – View Map
- Long Beach Insurance Services
2316 E 7th St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 439-0244 – View Map
Upon getting good feedback to these questions as well as inexpensive Mercury Montego insurance in Long Beach quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Get the best coverage at the best price
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Mercury Montego insurance rates online in Long Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company.
The cheapest Mercury Montego insurance in Long Beach can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim or high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Much is Long Beach Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)