Unthinkable but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Long Beach could save themselves as much as 35% a year, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way to get more affordable Suzuki Vitara insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Long Beach. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Long Beach is really quite easy. If you are already insured or need a new policy, follow these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Drivers just need to understand how to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
Companies offering Suzuki Vitara insurance in California
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Long Beach, CA. To find cheap car insurance in CA, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Long Beach insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance on a new Vitara can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Sign Online – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on your computer.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings when getting a Long Beach auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, defensive driver, air bags, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- MetLife discounts include good student, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for type of vehicle, location of vehicle, anti-theft, age of vehicle, multi-car, and annual mileage.
- 21st Century includes discounts for defensive driver, automatic seat belts, teen driver, good student, and driver training.
- Allstate may have discounts that include defensive driver, new car, multi-policy, premier discount, early signing, good payer, and resident student.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in every state. For a list of providers who offer insurance discounts in California, click here.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Long Beach
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that are used to determine insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you big savings. Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
High physical damage deductibles cost less – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive your Suzuki in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. An improperly rated Vitara is throwing money out the window.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If your Suzuki is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of insurance companies afford a discount to insureds that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
Local Long Beach car insurance agents and car insurance
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Long Beach that provide free Long Beach auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because prices are sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
When researching an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Long Beach are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Long Beach who can help you get rate quotes.
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Long Beach willing to provide rate quotes.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
In this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Suzuki Vitara insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)