Trying to come up with a payment for pricey insurance can deplete your bank account and force you to make tough financial choices. Shopping your coverage around is a fast and free way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of California drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. The average driver in the United States can cut their rates by up to $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around as often as possible since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Long Beach a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Yaris iA insurance online but you can learn some guaranteed methods to find cheap insurance in Long Beach.
Companies offering Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Long Beach
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Five Things That Influence Your Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your prices.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage when you are responsible for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
Poor driving habits means higher prices – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have serious tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Do you work long hours in a demanding occupation? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like military personnel, police officers, and medical professionals generally pay the highest rates because of job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower auto insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Student in College – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Long Beach and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Long Beach Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for age of vehicle, annual mileage, professional/association, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for distant student, good student, business and professional, alternative fuel, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, renewal discount, good student, driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, student away at school, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Allstate includes discounts for teenSMART discount, safe driver, defensive driver, anti-theft, good payer, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-theft, federal employee, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
When getting free Long Beach auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Long Beach. For a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Long Beach, click here.
Comparing rates from local Long Beach car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Long Beach.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Long Beach who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Long Beach exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Jim Seilsopour – State Farm Insurance Agent
4195 N Viking Way Ste 180 – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 420-6819 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
One last note
When you buy Long Beach auto insurance online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Long Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Long Beach auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Long Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
How to find cheaper Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Long Beach
The easiest way to quote cheaper Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Long Beach is to compare quotes annually from companies in California.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and poor credit can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)