High-priced Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Long Beach can empty your savings and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparing rate quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Long Beach could save themselves as much as 35% a year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they changed companies.
Vehicle owners have many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a choice, more options can take longer to find a good deal for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Long Beach.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the items companies use to determine your prices.
- Don’t let your auto insurance policy lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Costs go up with performance – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The cheapest rates are usually for small economy passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The next chart uses these variables: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- Better rates on safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Dodge scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Lower rates for married couples – Getting married helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge rates based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet shows how each vehicle is driven. Improper usage on your Grand Caravan can cost quite a bit.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lowers auto insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Insurance loss statistics a Dodge Grand Caravan – Insurers factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Dodge Grand Caravan Vehicles Specific Dodge Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Grand Caravan 79 104 81 108 108 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance statistics and figures
The coverage information displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Dodge Grand Caravan models. Having insight into how policy rates are determined helps drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|Grand Caravan SE||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$270||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,334||$111|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$304||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify insurance rates substantially.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Dodge Grand Caravan insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Gender-based car insurance rates by age
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Discount Long Beach insurance quotes
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a course teaching safe driver skills may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better prices if you take out some life insurance too.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that have some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find low cost Long Beach car insurance quotes, ask each company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in Long Beach. If you would like to see a list of providers with discount insurance rates in Long Beach, click this link.
Long Beach car insurance companies ranked
Choosing a high-quality car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in California. The ranking data displayed below can help you select which car insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheap car insurance rates are out there
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to save on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Long Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Long Beach car insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Long Beach car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to find low-cost Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Long Beach
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Long Beach is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in California.
Step 1: Try to learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. When you receive it, store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One bit of advice is to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Car Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)