Getting the lowest cost Long Beach Dodge Stratus insurance quotes may seem to be overwhelming for consumers who are beginners to quoting and comparing and buying car insurance on the web. With so many insurers available, how can you effectively compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
How to buy cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance in Long Beach
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for Dodge Stratus insurance is to annually compare prices from companies who sell insurance in Long Beach. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and your credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for tips to get cheaper coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at every insurance company. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers could save an average of $469 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Long Beach is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. But California consumers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates and use this information to your advantage.
When comparison shopping, more quotes increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Long Beach, CA. To locate the best car insurance in Long Beach, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Long Beach, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Stratus are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays more than $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Informed Drivers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Combine policies and save money – Most major car insurance companies give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save even more by splitting coverages up.
- You might want pay the minor insurance claims yourself – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in California award discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Traffic violations drive up premiums – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with careless citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married may save some money on your car insurance policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Big city or small town – Having an address in a rural area is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers tend to have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Do you work long hours in a tough occupation? – Careers such as military generals, architects, and dentists usually pay the highest rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as farmers, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers are known to be inattentive in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Get the best coverage at the best price
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or even high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to shop for Dodge Stratus insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Steps to finding affordable Dodge Stratus insurance in Long Beach
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Long Beach. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
More information is available at the links below