Inconceivable but true, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. U.S. consumers could save as much as $850 a year, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
Truthfully, the best way to save on GMC Acadia insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Long Beach. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and your credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. When you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This helps ensure a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Long Beach seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the least time-consuming way to find the lowest price instantly.
All major car insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get prices on their websites. Comparing GMC Acadia insurance rates online is possible for anyone as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system gets your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find a better rate.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will be getting rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Long Beach, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance statistics for a GMC Acadia
The price information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of insurance costs for GMC Acadia models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance premiums are calculated can assist in making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$210||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,294||$108|
|Acadia SL AWD||$240||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,324||$110|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$240||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,324||$110|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$272||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,420||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Long Beach which can impact coverage prices considerably.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders influence GMC Acadia insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Acadia insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no written rule to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your GMC Acadia replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Why you need GMC vehicle insurance in California
Despite the high insurance cost for a GMC Acadia in Long Beach, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your GMC, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your GMC for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your GMC and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts can help lower rates on GMC Acadia insurance in Long Beach
Some insurers do not list every possible discount very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Long Beach car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your GMC can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below shows the difference between GMC Acadia annual premium costs with and without discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see insurers who offer online GMC Acadia insurance quotes in California, click here.
Local Long Beach auto insurance agents
A small number of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. You won’t even need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What companies can they write with?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When searching for a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can select. Agents in Long Beach are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the differences since it can affect your agent selection.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agencies in Long Beach willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Braden Palmer
5000 E Spring St Ste 390 – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 425-5109 – View Map
- Brad Garofalo – State Farm Insurance Agent
2221 Palo Verde Ave Ste 2D – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 280-0488 – View Map
- State Farm: Keir Jones
5150 E Colorado St – Long Beach, CA 90814 – (562) 433-5573 – View Map
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you need to include several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
The following are Long Beach independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Jennifer Lee Insurance Agency
4252 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-1109 – View Map
- Amico Insurance Agency Inc.
100 Oceangate #1200 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (877) 467-8799 – View Map
- Galaxy Insurance Service, Inc
2411 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 438-7000 – View Map
Which car insurance company is best in Long Beach?
Finding a highly-rated insurance provider is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Long Beach. The ranking data in the lists below can help you choose which auto insurers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Car insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, falling objects, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Acadia resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Acadia to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses such as ambulance fees, EMT expenses, funeral costs, hospital visits and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in California), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Affordable car insurance rates are possible
You just read some good ideas how you can shop for GMC Acadia insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Long Beach car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Low-cost GMC Acadia insurance in Long Beach can be purchased both online in addition to many Long Beach insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Long Beach Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Long Beach Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)