To save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Long Beach is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic violations and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get affordable coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Be sure to safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared rates annually saved over $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Honda Clarity insurance is your ultimate target, then knowing how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating.
Finding low cost Long Beach car insurance prices is surprisingly easy. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Long Beach auto insurance quotes to discover which company has affordable Long Beach auto insurance quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Long Beach, CA. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Long Beach, CA, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Clarity in Long Beach, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Honda for a lot more money and make you pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in California is overpaying more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper Long Beach insurance rates with discounts
Some companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Online Discount – Many insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Long Beach auto insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to study driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple autos, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, early shopping, and multi-car.
- GEICO discounts include good student, federal employee, driver training, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, air bags, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for Farm Bureau membership, family plan, business or organization, easy pay, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Long Beach, click here to view.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- If my Honda Clarity is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.