A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. Drivers in the United States could save about $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes online.
The most effective way to get low-cost Honda CR-V insurance in Long Beach is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in California. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to help reduce premium rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of this process is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Finding and comparing the lowest cost auto insurance in Long Beach can be fairly easy. But California drivers do need to know the methods companies use to calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheap companies for Honda CR-V insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Long Beach, CA. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Long Beach, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Honda CR-V insurance statistics and information
The price information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Honda CR-V models. Having insight into how prices are figured is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$176||$336||$488||$28||$146||$1,174||$98|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$176||$336||$488||$28||$146||$1,174||$98|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$176||$336||$488||$28||$146||$1,174||$98|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$202||$336||$488||$28||$146||$1,200||$100|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$202||$336||$488||$28||$146||$1,200||$100|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$202||$336||$488||$28||$146||$1,200||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect premium rates considerably.
Honda CR-V insurance costs by age and gender
The information below shows the difference between Honda CR-V car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below shows the difference between Honda CR-V annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Honda CR-V book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
How Your CR-V Insurance Costs are Determined
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are some of the items that factor into your rates.
Poor driving means higher rates – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get multiple violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
The information below shows how violations and accidents influence Honda CR-V insurance prices for each different age category. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
No coverage gaps is important – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Prices may be lower depending on your vocation – Occupations such as lawyers, social workers, and emergency personnel tend to pay the highest rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
Performance impacts insurance prices – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are usually found on economy passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data assumes a single female driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Honda CR-V insurance rates compared to other models that have different risk factors.
More people means more accidents – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
Adjust coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your Honda from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Insurance losses for a Honda CR-V – Companies study historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the loss history for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Honda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD||68||81||58||93||86||77|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD||69||82||69||90||87||78|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save with these price cutting discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from Long Beach attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Long Beach auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount when shopping for insurance.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Honda CR-V car insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask every company how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Long Beach. To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here to view.
Local Long Beach insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Long Beach that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just the price. Any good agent in Long Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- If they are an independent agency in Long Beach, which companies do they recommend?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Long Beach?
When researching a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents in Long Beach can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Long Beach willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Edmund Janik
3505 Long Beach Blvd #2o – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 285-0816 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Paul Soeung
2338 E Anaheim St #101a – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 856-0328 – View Map
- Jeff Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
4087 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 595-6969 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Long Beach willing to provide price quote information.
- C. Diamond Insurance Agency
5538 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 428-4995 – View Map
- Integrity Now Insurance Brokers, Inc.
6285 E Spring St – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 606-1030 – View Map
- Global Guard Insurance
1310 Pine Ave d – Long Beach, CA 90813 – (562) 591-5181 – View Map
When in doubt talk to an agent
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Quote more to save more
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Honda CR-V insurance car insurance rates in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with the least-expected company. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)