It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Long Beach is to compare prices annually from providers in California.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for the details to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around once a year will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent survey discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Long Beach is your objective, then knowing the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. Shopping for the most affordable coverage in Long Beach is actually quite simple. Smart buyers just need to use the tricks to find the lowest price from multiple carriers.
Finding low cost Long Beach auto insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. The only requirement is to invest a little time comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Long Beach auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in California. In order to find the best car insurance in CA, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Hyundai Santa Fe coverage analysis
The coverage information shown next outlines detailed analysis of insurance prices for Hyundai Santa Fe models. Learning how insurance quotes are figured is important for drivers to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Santa Fe GLS 2WD||$188||$394||$424||$26||$126||$1,158||$97|
|Santa Fe GLS 4WD||$216||$394||$424||$26||$126||$1,186||$99|
|Santa Fe SE 2WD||$216||$394||$424||$26||$126||$1,186||$99|
|Santa Fe Limited 2WD||$216||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,256||$105|
|Santa Fe SE 4WD||$216||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,256||$105|
|Santa Fe Limited 4WD||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can impact coverage rates substantially.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Hyundai Santa Fe insurance costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Santa Fe annual premiums for males versus females
The example below shows the comparison of Hyundai Santa Fe insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost in Long Beach?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Santa Fe car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Santa Fe replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get cheaper Hyundai Santa Fe insurance rates in Long Beach
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Long Beach auto insurance quote. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Santa Fe insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including early shopping, business and professional, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, accident-free, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, new graduate, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, new move discount, and safety features.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good driver, good student, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
Check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be offered in your state.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Long Beach, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Santa Fe has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Long Beach.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Long Beach who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Long Beach for you
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Long Beach are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is important to understand how they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are Long Beach independent agents that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- Integrity Now Insurance Brokers, Inc.
6285 E Spring St – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 606-1030 – View Map
- C. Diamond Insurance Agency
5538 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 428-4995 – View Map
- Rosanne Sanchez Insurance Agency
1165 E San Antonio Dr – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (310) 874-3933 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Long Beach that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Debra Gonzalez
6390 E Willow St – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 795-0488 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Doug Horn
1635 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90813 – (562) 591-3100 – View Map
- Jeff Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
4087 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 595-6969 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How often do they review coverages?
- How long have they been in business?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?