Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of California drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save themselves roughly $859 a year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switched.
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Long Beach.
Step 1: Read about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations and your credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover tips to get better rates and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Long Beach. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Quote Long Beach Saturn Sky insurance online
Finding a better price on car insurance can be surprisingly simple. The only requirement is to take time to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance price quotes online replaces the need to go to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Saturn Sky insurance rates online eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the personal advice of a local agency. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Long Beach, CA. To get cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheap Saturn Sky insurance in Long Beach with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Long Beach drivers who stay claim-free pay less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Sky insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the premium cost.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts include:
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in Long Beach. To find insurers with significant discounts in Long Beach, click this link.
When to talk to an insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Long Beach who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Long Beach agents can either be independent or exclusive. Both types can write insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Long Beach who may provide you with price quote information.
Jim Seilsopour – State Farm Insurance Agent
4195 N Viking Way Ste 180 – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 420-6819 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When comparing insurance rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
The following are Long Beach independent insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Saturn Sky Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates. Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the things used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for an accident. It will provide for a legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Reduce rates by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Saturn Sky scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Raise your deductibles for better costs – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Gender and insurance – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Males and females have auto accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Married drivers pay lower rates – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Shop around and save
We’ve covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Saturn Sky insurance in Long Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Long Beach car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Lower-priced Saturn Sky insurance in Long Beach is available both online and with local Long Beach insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Long Beach Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Car Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)