If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find more affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Long Beach is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who sell auto insurance in California. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, try to comprehend how insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more details to prevent expensive rate increases and get bigger discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on PT Cruiser insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of drivers in California have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in America could save approximately $850 a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
The purpose of this article is to help educate you on how car insurance companies work and how you can save the most money. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. Drivers just need to learn the most effective way to compare insurance rates online from multiple companies.
Discounts for cheap insurance rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Distant Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Long Beach and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings as much as 30%.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Long Beach auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below shows the difference between Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be offered in your state. To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance quotes in Long Beach, click this link.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Long Beach is to understand most larger insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as driver details, your job, if you went to college, and daily mileage. That rating data is submitted instantly to multiple companies and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To check rates for your Chrysler PT Cruiser now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Long Beach.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Long Beach, CA, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Analysis of Chrysler PT Cruiser rates
The rate information displayed next outlines estimates of rate quotes for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Having knowledge of how insurance quotes are determined can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$330||$582||$508||$30||$152||$1,602||$134|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$330||$582||$508||$30||$152||$1,602||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can change premiums significantly.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Chrysler PT Cruiser liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below compares Chrysler PT Cruiser auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Chrysler PT Cruiser book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $700 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
What Affects Chrysler PT Cruiser Insurance Prices?
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help determine car insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you big savings.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate rates.
Performance affects rates – The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. Low performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below uses these assumptions: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
- Marriage is a factor – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Marriage means you’re more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Teen drivers in California are known to be inattentive behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a youthful driver onto your car insurance will cause a huge premium hike. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder car theft.
Your gender affects rates – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The illustration below shows the difference between Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
- Be proud to be claim-free – Insurance companies in California generally give the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Should I rate my Chrysler PT Cruiser as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Long Beach insurance agency
A small number of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Long Beach.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Long Beach that can give you free Long Beach auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Long Beach who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Jennifer Lee Insurance Agency
4252 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-1109 – View Map
- Rosanne Sanchez Insurance Agency
1165 E San Antonio Dr – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (310) 874-3933 – View Map
- Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Long Beach exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Paul Soeung
2338 E Anaheim St #101a – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 856-0328 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Peter Long
818 E Anaheim St #220 – Long Beach, CA 90813 – (562) 951-1813 – View Map
- Ron Whitson – State Farm Insurance Agent
249 E Ocean Blvd Ste 100 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 435-5700 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Three good reasons to insure your Chrysler PT Cruiser
Even though Long Beach PT Cruiser insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chrysler PT Cruiser with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Chrysler for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Be persistent and save
When searching for low cost Long Beach auto insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Long Beach can be bought online and with local Long Beach insurance agents, so get free Long Beach auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)