Really, the only way to get affordable car insurance rates in Long Beach is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in California. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. Find a Long Beach insurance agent
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop for lower rates will most likely buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rates regularly saved $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Long Beach is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
Locating the best rates in Long Beach is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are already insured or need a new policy, you can use these tips to buy cheaper insurance and still have adequate protection. Smart shoppers just have to know the most efficient way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Auto insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Ion insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Long Beach auto insurance online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow data collection to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer online Saturn Ion insurance quotes in California, click this link.
Car insurance coverages for a Saturn Ion
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your Ion caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Ion to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and dental work. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Saturn Ion.
Due to the fact that many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Auto liability insurance – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, medical expenses and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Cheaper Saturn Ion insurance in Long Beach can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Long Beach, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you a lot of ways to reduce Saturn Ion insurance prices online in Long Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Long Beach auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional auto insurance information is available at the links below
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)