Shocking but true, most auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Long Beach consumers could cut their rates by as much as 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save money on Suzuki SX4 insurance in Long Beach is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in California. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on SX4 insurance. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Long Beach is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. You just have to use the best way to compare different rates instantly.
Companies offering Suzuki SX4 insurance in Long Beach
The car insurance companies shown below offer quotes in California. If you want cheap car insurance in CA, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and statistics
The table shown below showcases a range of prices for Suzuki SX4 models. Learning more about how car insurance premiums are calculated can be valuable when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SX4 Sport S||$342||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,620||$135|
|SX4 Sport SE||$342||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,620||$135|
|SX4 Technology 2WD||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,518||$127|
|SX4 Sportback 2WD||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,518||$127|
|SX4 AWD AWD||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,518||$127|
|SX4 Sport GTS||$342||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,620||$135|
|SX4 Technology AWD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|SX4 Touring AWD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in your specific Long Beach location which can lower or raise rates substantially.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Suzuki SX4 insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Suzuki SX4 insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Suzuki SX4 replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
How Your SX4 Insurance Prices are Determined
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower rates.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Most larger insurers will give better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Lower premiums with alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder vehicle theft.
- Liability is important – Liability insurance kicks in when a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
More performance means more cost – The type of car you own makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Small economy passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these variables: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Suzuki SX4 car insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of risk factors.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Marriage can lower prices – Being married actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current SX4 insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Long Beach Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Distant Student – College-age children living away from Long Beach attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- E-sign – Some larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below compares Suzuki SX4 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click here to view.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Long Beach car insurance agents?
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Long Beach?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
What types of car insurance agents are in Long Beach?
When narrowing the list to find a good Long Beach insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents in Long Beach can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Long Beach exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – David Van Wyk
1959 E Spring St – Long Beach, CA 90806 – (949) 770-1708 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Peter Long
818 E Anaheim St #220 – Long Beach, CA 90813 – (562) 951-1813 – View Map
- Jim Seilsopour – State Farm Insurance Agent
4195 N Viking Way Ste 180 – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 420-6819 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Long Beach independent insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
- Global Guard Insurance
1310 Pine Ave d – Long Beach, CA 90813 – (562) 591-5181 – View Map
- Jennifer Lee Insurance Agency
4252 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-1109 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Long Beach?
Picking a high-quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Long Beach. The ranking data shown below may help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my Suzuki SX4 qualify for pleasure use?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What are good deductibles for a Suzuki SX4?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Compare rates regularly to save
We covered many ways to save on Suzuki SX4 insurance in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Suzuki SX4 insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents. Affordable Suzuki SX4 insurance in Long Beach can be purchased online and with local Long Beach insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional insurance information is located at the links below