It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who compare price quotes are highly likely to buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for Chevy Silverado insurance is your target objective, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget Chevy Silverado insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Long Beach.
- Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a lousy credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more details to help keep prices low and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to compare all possible companies. This guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these techniques to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Long Beach is much easier if you have a good place to start. Drivers just have to understand the quickest way to buy car insurance from multiple carriers.
How to find the cheapest Chevy Silverado insurance in Long Beach, California
Finding more affordable car insurance quotes is actually easier than you may think. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless your situation requires the guidance only provided by licensed Long Beach agents. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Long Beach, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Chevy Silverado coverage analysis
The rate table below outlines different insurance costs for Chevy Silverado models. Having a good grasp of how insurance premiums are established helps drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$298||$472||$500||$30||$150||$1,450||$121|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$298||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,370||$114|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$342||$576||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$342||$576||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,518||$127|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,518||$127|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$342||$576||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$342||$576||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,664||$139|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$386||$678||$500||$30||$150||$1,744||$145|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,664||$139|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$386||$678||$500||$30||$150||$1,744||$145|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$386||$678||$500||$30||$150||$1,744||$145|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,664||$139|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$386||$678||$500||$30||$150||$1,744||$145|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,664||$139|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$386||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,766||$147|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$430||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,810||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect rates considerably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to drop full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Silverado replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Long Beach
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Long Beach can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may enable drivers to earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area. For a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Long Beach, click here.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Silverado insurance, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy Silverado but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Silverado outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Long Beach auto insurance companies
Ending up with the top insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in California. The information in the next section could help you choose which companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Insurance quotes from local Long Beach insurance agencies
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Long Beach that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any good agent in Long Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is there a local claims center in Long Beach?
Types of auto insurance agents in Long Beach
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Long Beach that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to contact multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are Long Beach independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
If you feel you receive acceptable answers as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.