Really, the only way to find discount car insurance rates in Long Beach is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell insurance in California. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. Make sure you keep your new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare rates annually will presumably buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that consumers who compared prices once a year saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance can make shopping around easier.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. This article’s goal is to tell you how insurance works and how you can save the most money. Shoppers just have to understand the most time-saving way to quote multiple rates online.
First Step: Get free Audi A6 insurance quotes
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get prices on their websites. Getting online rates for Audi A6 insurance in Long Beach can be done by anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system gets your credit score and driving record and provides a quote.
The ability to get online rates for Audi A6 insurance in Long Beach simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this if you are searching for lower-cost prices.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in California. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t overlook these Audi A6 insurance discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Long Beach car insurance online.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get lower premium rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Long Beach car insurance quote when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Long Beach Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below shows the difference between Audi A6 insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, air bags, defensive driver, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, good student, claim-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, safe vehicle, accident-free, good driver, defensive driving training, good student, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for age of vehicle, accident-free, good driver, low natural disaster claims, and ease of repair.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include defensive driver, early bird, anti-lock brakes, student driver, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, and 55 and older.
- Allstate discounts include good payer, eSmart discount, FullPay discount, farm vehicle, and premier discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your state. To find insurers who offer online Audi A6 insurance quotes in California, click this link.
Audi A6 insurance coverage information
The premium information displayed below covers different insurance coverage prices for Audi A6 models. Learning how insurance premiums are formulated can benefit drivers when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$330||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,708||$142|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$330||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,708||$142|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$330||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,708||$142|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$330||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,708||$142|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$330||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,606||$134|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$330||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,606||$134|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$330||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,708||$142|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$330||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,606||$134|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$362||$778||$500||$30||$150||$1,820||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change price quotes greatly.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Audi A6 insurance rates for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi A6 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Audi A6 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below compares Audi A6 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no written rule for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A6 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help calculate your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Lower rates for married couples – Getting married can get you a discount on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Traffic violations will cost you – Attentive drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Even a single driving citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims raise Audi A6 insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- How do annual miles impact prices? – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your A6 is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is showing annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Audi A6 insurance claim data – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Audi A6 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi A6 Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A6 4dr 2WD 146 112 134 Audi A6 4dr 4WD 153 70 155 53 55 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years