To save the most money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Long Beach. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Sorento coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Inconceivable but true, most car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Consumers in California could cut their rates by almost $500 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop around.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, you can use these tips to lower your rates and still have adequate protection. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Long Beach is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Consumers only need to know the tricks to compare insurance rates from multiple carriers.
Lower Your Long Beach Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or your commute time. It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help calculate your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you cheaper rates.
Safer cars save money – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Consider raising coverage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Kia. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Men pay more for insurance coverage – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Males and females are in accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Prevent theft and save money – Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Getting married reduces risk – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Use credit responsibly and save – A driver’s credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Sorento if you clean up your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have bad credit.
Insurance loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles – Insurers use statistical claims data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Long Beach, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Sorento in Long Beach, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Sorento has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Kia Sorento and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
You may qualify for discounts for Kia Sorento insurance in Long Beach
Some providers don’t list every available discount very well, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Long Beach car insurance online.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Long Beach can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- No Claim Discounts – Long Beach drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good student, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-policy, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, good student, exclusive group savings, newly married, and hybrid vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, and driver training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your state.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is there a local claims center in Long Beach?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Long Beach?
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in Long Beach that may be willing to give price quote information for Kia Sorento insurance in Long Beach.
Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your car insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What are good deductibles for a Kia Sorento?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Cheaper auto insurance in Long Beach can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Long Beach car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More information can be found at these links:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Long Beach Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)