Trying to find cheap Nissan Versa insurance in Long Beach could be challenging for drivers who have little experience online rate comparisons. With literally dozens of online companies available, it can easily turn into a real hassle to find better prices on Nissan Versa insurance.
Steps to quoting cheaper Nissan Versa insurance in Long Beach
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable Nissan Versa insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in Long Beach. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. Many drivers in America could save as much as 46.5% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
It’s smart to shop coverage around before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best deal on Nissan Versa insurance in Long Beach six months ago there may be better deals available now. Don’t believe everything you read about Versa insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get the easiest ways to buy auto insurance cheaper in Long Beach.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Nissan Versa insurance in Long Beach is to understand most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information like coverage limits, the type of vehicles you drive, distance driven, and whether you are single or married. Your rating data is instantly provided to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
To compare multiple company affordable Nissan Versa insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Long Beach, CA. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Long Beach, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Get cheaper Nissan Versa insurance in Long Beach with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known insurance savings. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan could be rewarded with lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below shows the comparison of Nissan Versa auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to view companies who offer insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Nissan Versa detailed coverage information
The data table shown next showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Nissan Versa models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance premiums are figured can help guide drivers when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$246||$464||$450||$26||$134||$1,320||$110|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$288||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,562||$130|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$288||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,562||$130|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$332||$764||$450||$26||$134||$1,706||$142|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$332||$764||$450||$26||$134||$1,706||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can change coverage prices noticeably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The diagram below compares Nissan Versa auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule for excluding physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Versa claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Long Beach
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Never let your policy expire – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
- Discounts for married drivers – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Younger driver insurance premiums – Older people are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Companies want multiple policies – Some companies allow lower prices to people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates – The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Nissan Versa claim statistics – Insurers study historical loss data to help determine rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Versa vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Versa Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Versa 116 110 92 190 203 138 Nissan Versa Note 112 96 85 161 171 133BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to contact a local insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in Long Beach?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Which family members are covered?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Long Beach are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Long Beach who may provide you with price quote information.
- State Farm: Steve Dwight
4625 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 494-4494 – View Map
- Bob Lundstrom – State Farm Insurance Agent
3620 Long Beach Blvd, Ste A3 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 595-8333 – View Map
- Peter Kong – State Farm Insurance Agent
2020 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 438-8188 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Long Beach independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- C. Diamond Insurance Agency
5538 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 428-4995 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
4401 Atlantic Ave #214 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 548-7488 – View Map
- Rosanne Sanchez Insurance Agency
1165 E San Antonio Dr – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (310) 874-3933 – View Map
Be persistent to save money
Cost effective Nissan Versa insurance can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to lower your Nissan Versa insurance premium rates in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Long Beach car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
How to find cheaper Nissan Versa insurance in Long Beach
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Nissan Versa insurance in Long Beach is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in California.
- First, try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as careless driving and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Versa coverage is available in Long Beach. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. When you receive it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A key point to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)