The best way to find low-cost prices for Scion iQ insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell insurance in Long Beach. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One piece of advice is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never shopped around. Most drivers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Long Beach, CA. In order to find cheaper car insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Scion iQ insurance, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your iQ has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Scion at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Long Beach is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts on Scion iQ insurance in Long Beach?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total iQ insurance premium.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could qualify for substantially lower prices.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors are able to get reduced rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Long Beach auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with every company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Long Beach. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in California, click here to view.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Buying from insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Long Beach who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Long Beach?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which family members are covered?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from local Long Beach agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Long Beach may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Long Beach willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Keir Jones
5150 E Colorado St – Long Beach, CA 90814 – (562) 433-5573 – View Map
- Bob Lundstrom – State Farm Insurance Agent
3620 Long Beach Blvd, Ste A3 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 595-8333 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Braden Palmer
5000 E Spring St Ste 390 – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 425-5109 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to contact at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Long Beach who can help you get comparison quotes.
- C. Diamond Insurance Agency
5538 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 428-4995 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
4401 Atlantic Ave #214 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 548-7488 – View Map
- Galaxy Insurance Service, Inc
2411 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 438-7000 – View Map
After receiving satisfactory answers to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like ambulance fees, surgery and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive protection – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hail damage, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Scion iQ.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your iQ caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your iQ to bring the cost down.
Car insurance companies ranked
Picking a high-quality insurer is difficult considering how many choices you have in California. The company rank data displayed below could help you select which companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
One last note
The cheapest Scion iQ insurance in Long Beach can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Long Beach auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We just presented a lot of tips how to save on Scion iQ insurance in Long Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Long Beach auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Pilot in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)