Amazingly, most consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Many consumers in California could pocket nearly $470 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to shop their coverage around.
Really, the only way to save on auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Long Beach.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more ideas to help keep prices low and find missing discounts.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this provides a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Getting a cheap price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. You just have to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes from different insurance companies.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Acura NSX insurance rates online eliminates the middleman unless you require the advice and guidance only provided by licensed Long Beach agents. Drivers can comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The following companies offer free quotes in California. To locate cheaper auto insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Car insurance agents can help
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Long Beach who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Long Beach exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Jim Seilsopour – State Farm Insurance Agent
4195 N Viking Way Ste 180 – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 420-6819 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, you should always compare quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Long Beach that can give you price quotes.
Priscilla Vallejos Insurance Agency
2725 Candlewood St – Lakewood, CA 90712 – (562) 552-3259 – View Map