It’s hard to fathom, but most drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. The average driver in California could save up to 35% a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop around.
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Long Beach is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in California. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
A key point to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. This article will introduce you to how insurance works and some tricks to saving. Consumers just need to understand the least time-consuming way to get comparison quotes instantly.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is actually easier than you may think. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in California, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance in California serves several purposes
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Long Beach, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, most banks will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves your Chevy and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Four factors that affect insurance prices
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Deter vehicle theft – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
- Don’t let your policy lapse – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- Drive fewer miles and save – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your Bolt EV may be costing you higher rates. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet shows annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Do males or females drive better? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Slash rates with these discounts
Companies don’t list every discount they offer very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Claim Free – Long Beach drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Long Beach can earn you a little savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, switch companies, teen driver, early shopping, mature driver, and pay in full.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, federal employee, seat belt use, defensive driver, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, renters, defensive driver, and online quote.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Long Beach. To find companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Long Beach, click this link.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Long Beach auto insurance agent
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Long Beach who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How many years have they been established?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Long Beach?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they work. Agents in Long Beach are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Long Beach willing to provide price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Kimberly Terrell
4425 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (310) 567-7726 – View Map
- Brad Garofalo – State Farm Insurance Agent
2221 Palo Verde Ave Ste 2D – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 280-0488 – View Map
- State Farm: Steve Dwight
4625 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 494-4494 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you need to get quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Long Beach independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Rosanne Sanchez Insurance Agency
1165 E San Antonio Dr – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (310) 874-3933 – View Map
- Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
- Lara Insurance
6689 Downey Ave – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 408-2800 – View Map
After getting good answers to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to service your policy.
California car insurance company ratings
Choosing the highest-rated insurer is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Long Beach. The information in the lists below could help you select which insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered a lot of ways to reduce Chevy Bolt EV insurance prices online in Long Beach. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)