Price shopping your Dodge Dakota insurance in Long Beach is always frustrating for drivers not familiar with online insurance quotes. Consumers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can turn into a real hassle to locate the lowest rates.
Amazingly, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in California kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never shopped around. U.S. drivers could cut their rates by roughly $850 a year, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
It’s important to check car insurance prices every six months because car insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Dodge Dakota insurance in Long Beach last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to buy cheaper Dodge Dakota insurance in Long Beach.
Finding and buying the most affordable policy in Long Beach is not that difficult. Just about everyone who is overpaying for insurance stands a good chance to find lower prices. But California consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies determine how much to charge.
Cheap Long Beach car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Long Beach car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Dakota can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance companies give lower car insurance rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to track driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will definitely reduce your overall bill.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, driver training, military active duty, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, good student, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Esurance discounts include homeowner, online quote, anti-theft, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, and claim free.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Long Beach. To see a list of companies who offer free Dodge Dakota insurance quotes in Long Beach, follow this link.
Most larger insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get coverage price quotes direct online. Getting quotes for Dodge Dakota insurance in Long Beach is possible for anyone because you just enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price determined by many factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Dodge Dakota insurance in Long Beach streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this in order to find the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
To compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will be getting a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in California. To get cheap auto insurance in Long Beach, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Statistics and details
The table displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Dodge Dakota models. Having insight into how insurance premiums are determined can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$178||$354||$564||$34||$168||$1,298||$108|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$178||$354||$564||$34||$168||$1,298||$108|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$204||$354||$564||$34||$168||$1,324||$110|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$354||$564||$34||$168||$1,324||$110|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$418||$564||$34||$168||$1,388||$116|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$418||$564||$34||$168||$1,388||$116|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$230||$354||$450||$26||$134||$1,194||$100|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$230||$354||$450||$26||$134||$1,194||$100|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$230||$418||$564||$34||$168||$1,414||$118|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$230||$354||$450||$26||$134||$1,194||$100|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$230||$354||$450||$26||$134||$1,194||$100|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$230||$354||$450||$26||$134||$1,194||$100|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$230||$418||$450||$26||$134||$1,258||$105|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$230||$418||$450||$26||$134||$1,258||$105|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$230||$418||$450||$26||$134||$1,258||$105|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$418||$450||$26||$134||$1,286||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease insurance rates considerably.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The illustration below compares Dodge Dakota insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Dakota replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Buying auto insurance from Long Beach car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower prices and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Long Beach.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Long Beach who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Long Beach agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Long Beach that may be able to give free price quotes.
- Amico Insurance Agency
100 Oceangate #1200 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 628-5553 – View Map
- C. Diamond Insurance Agency
5538 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 428-4995 – View Map
- Jennifer Lee Insurance Agency
4252 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-1109 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Below are Long Beach exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Peter Chai – State Farm Insurance Agent
3253 E South St #103 – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 634-2000 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Damian Useda
929 E Wardlow Rd – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 426-8565 – View Map
- Jose Olguin – State Farm Insurance Agent
4464 California Pl – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-2014 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide auto insurance. It’s important to know that you are able to cancel your policy whenever you wish so never feel that you are permanently stuck with the auto insurance policy with no way to switch.
Cheaper car insurance prices are available
Budget-conscious Dodge Dakota insurance is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just learned many ways to lower your Dodge Dakota insurance auto insurance rates in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Dodge Dakota rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Steps to finding more affordable Dodge Dakota insurance in Long Beach
The best way to get discount Dodge Dakota insurance in Long Beach is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in California.
- First, try to understand what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and poor credit can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)