If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Dodge Durango insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide auto insurance in Long Beach.
- First, learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help prevent costly coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Long Beach drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t invest the time required to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Finding quotes for cheaper auto insurance coverage in Long Beach is simple if you know the tricks. Although California consumers do need to understand the methods companies use to determine prices and use it to find better rates.
How to buy Dodge Durango insurance online
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from many different California insurance companies. One of the best ways to compare Dodge Durango insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding the best rates.
The following companies can provide quotes in California. To locate cheap auto insurance in California, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Dodge vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Durango in Long Beach, car insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Durango, most lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Components of Your Dodge Durango Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Use credit responsibly and save – A driver’s credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower ratings. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Durango by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Age of drivers – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Your spouse saves you money – Being married can actually save you money on your car insurance bill. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
High coverage deductibles cost less – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Frequent insurance claims will increase rates – If you file claims often, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in California generally give most affordable rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Females tend to cost less – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Limits of liability – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Your career may increase prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as fire fighters, executives, and emergency personnel tend to have higher average rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers such as professors, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
Insurance loss data for a Dodge Durango – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Dodge Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD||88||110||91||104||90||100|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD||90||115||97||92||93||102|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Student in College – Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-line Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when shopping for insurance.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Durango may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive reduced rates.
- Long Beach Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To find insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Long Beach, follow this link.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Long Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Types of auto insurance agents in Long Beach
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Long Beach may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Long Beach independent agencies who can help you get free price quotes.
- Amico Insurance Agency Inc.
100 Oceangate #1200 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (877) 467-8799 – View Map
- Amico Insurance Agency
100 Oceangate #1200 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 628-5553 – View Map
- Jennifer Lee Insurance Agency
4252 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-1109 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Long Beach exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Jon Wiedenman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2750 N Bellflower Blvd #208 – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 420-6469 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Joilyn Hanley
5520 E 2nd St a – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 438-4663 – View Map
- State Farm: Steve Dwight
4625 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 494-4494 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
California auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting the highest-rated insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Long Beach. The information shown below could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for Dodge Durango insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Dodge Durango insurance is available both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)