It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop for lower prices are highly likely to buy a new policy because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who shopped around every year saved approximately $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is your ultimate goal, understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can save time, money, and frustration.
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper Lexus RC 300 insurance in Long Beach is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in California. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Finding a lower price on Lexus RC 300 insurance is surprisingly easy. Consumers just need to take the time comparing price quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to drive to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Lexus RC 300 insurance rates online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the trained advice only provided by licensed Long Beach agents. However, consumers can compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Long Beach, CA. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Long Beach, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Long Beach, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your RC 300, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your Lexus RC 300 and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Long Beach overpays as much as $850 per year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
The Lexus RC 300 Insurance Price Equation
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate prices.
When should you file claims? – Insurance companies in California give discounts to drivers who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Getting just one citation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Commute or pleasure use – The more miles you rack up on your Lexus each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance coverage reflects the right rating data. Improper usage on your RC 300 may be wasting your money.
Your vocation can affect rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, executives, and miners tend to pay higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Better prices on cars with good safety ratings – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Lexus RC 300 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Type of car, truck or SUV determines base costs – The type of car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Lower cost passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Get cheaper Lexus RC 300 insurance in Long Beach with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Long Beach auto insurance online.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will bring down the cost of your policy.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, multiple policy, accident-free, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, good student, multi-car, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, and driver training.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Long Beach, click this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Long Beach.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When looking for an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to contact several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Long Beach who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
Jennifer Lee Insurance Agency
4252 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-1109 – View Map
Priscilla Vallejos Insurance Agency
2725 Candlewood St – Lakewood, CA 90712 – (562) 552-3259 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Long Beach that can give you price quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Upon getting positive responses to any questions you have and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly service your auto insurance policy. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you are permanently stuck with any particular company with no way out.
California auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the right car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Long Beach. The ranking data displayed below may help you decide which auto insurers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
Affordable Lexus RC 300 insurance in Long Beach is available on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
When you buy Long Beach auto insurance online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Long Beach, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for College Graduates in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)