Paying cheap premium rates for Toyota Prius V insurance in Long Beach may be slightly frustrating for people not familiar with online comparison shopping. With so many agents and companies competing online, it can turn into a real difficult job to compare premium rates on Toyota Prius V insurance.
Unimaginable but true, most drivers in California kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rates and save money.
Consumers need to shop coverage around yearly since insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best rates on Toyota Prius V insurance in Long Beach at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
How to buy Toyota Prius V insurance online
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from lots of California car insurance companies. The quickest method to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online. Just remember that comparing more prices will enable you to find a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Long Beach, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Toyota Prius V insurance in Long Beach
Insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Long Beach may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your area.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Long Beach, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Toyota and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Ratings for Long Beach auto insurance companies
Choosing the right insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in California. The company ratings shown next could help you choose which insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing a policy, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Toyota Prius V is totaled?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What policy terms are available?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance agencies can help
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Long Beach that can give you free Long Beach car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Long Beach are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Long Beach exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Vali De Vries – State Farm Insurance Agent
1777 N Bellflower Blvd #111 – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 494-7700 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Edmund Janik
3505 Long Beach Blvd #2o – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 285-0816 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Susan Rios
3450 E Spring St #214 – Long Beach, CA 90806 – (562) 988-5700 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you include at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Long Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
- Long Beach Insurance Services
2316 E 7th St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 439-0244 – View Map
- Kelly Williams Insurance Agency, Inc.
4400 Pacific Coast Hwy – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 498-8661 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
4401 Atlantic Ave #214 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 548-7488 – View Map