Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for the cheapest car insurance rates in Long Beach, CA? Long Beach shoppers have many options when shopping for low-cost Volvo XC90 insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Volvo and obtain the lowest possible price.
Best companies for low-cost Volvo XC90 insurance in California
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Long Beach, CA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in CA, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The data table below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Volvo XC90 models. Having a good grasp of how car insurance premiums are established helps drivers make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC90 3.2 2WD||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|XC90 3.2 R-Design 2WD||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|XC90 3.2 AWD||$412||$882||$574||$34||$172||$2,074||$173|
|XC90 V8 AWD||$412||$882||$574||$34||$172||$2,074||$173|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can affect premium rates greatly.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
Men drivers tend to cost more - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but guys have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The example below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC90 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Performance influences insurance premiums - The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates are usually for small economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below is based on a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Volvo XC90 insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
- Continuous coverage lowers premiums - Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California DMV.
- Discounts for married couples - Walking down the aisle actually saves money compared to being single. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Cheaper rates with these premium slashing discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- No Claims - Long Beach drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on their website.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Sign Early and Save - Some companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to your current XC90 insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Federal Employees - Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts will bring down your auto insurance premiums.
The chart below shows the difference between Volvo XC90 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include switch companies, multi-car, good student, alternative fuel, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- Esurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, online quote, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, good student, and claim free.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, anti-theft, good student, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, anti-theft, air bags, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate offers discounts for utility vehicle, 55 and retired, multi-policy, senior citizen, passive restraint, and EZ pay plan discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Long Beach auto insurance agent
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important particularly in Long Beach.
Upon completion of this short form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Long Beach who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Long Beach?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Long Beach?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Upon getting acceptable answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, it's possible that you found an provider that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Volvo XC90 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
The cheapest Volvo XC90 insurance in Long Beach is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Long Beach agents, so get free Long Beach auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Volvo XC90 insurance in Long Beach
The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Long Beach is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to understand coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing identical coverage information on each price quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for College Graduates in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)