Want to save money and find more competitive auto insurance rates in Long Beach, CA? Long Beach buyers have options when searching for the lowest priced Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to compare rates on a Jeep and get the lowest possible price either online or from Long Beach insurance agents.
It's an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Consumers who get price comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that people who shopped around every year saved approximately $860 a year compared to other drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable insurance is your goal, knowing the best way to compare insurance rates can make it easier to find better rates.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. This information will tell you the best methods to compare rates and some money-saving tips. Smart shoppers just need to learn the proper methods to compare rate quotes over the internet.
Buy Long Beach Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance online
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Long Beach, CA. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Long Beach, CA, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Jeep Grand Cherokee coverage analysis
The coverage information below highlights estimates of insurance rates for Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance prices are formulated can help you make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$162||$300||$416||$24||$124||$1,026||$86|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$162||$300||$416||$24||$124||$1,026||$86|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$184||$354||$416||$24||$124||$1,102||$92|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$184||$354||$416||$24||$124||$1,102||$92|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$184||$354||$416||$24||$124||$1,102||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in garaging location in Long Beach which can decrease or increase rates significantly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Long Beach auto insurance rates
The chart below shows how violations and accidents can affect Jeep Grand Cherokee yearly insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Male drivers compared to female drivers in Long Beach
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Jeep Grand Cherokee replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jeep, almost all lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Jeep. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so you should quote rates every year to save money.
Buy Cheaper Car Insurance with These Tips
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Type of car determines base prices - The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following data uses these variables: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Jeep Grand Cherokee car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
- Do you have enough liability? - Liability coverage will provide protection if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Teen drivers pay higher rates - Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience are proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Do you need those add-on coverages? - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Lower rates for safer cars - Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If your Jeep Grand Cherokee is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
- Low mileage costs less - The higher the miles on your Jeep each year the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your Grand Cherokee can cost quite a bit. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
Jeep Grand Cherokee historical loss data - Insurers use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The data below shows the historical loss data for Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Grand Cherokee Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 2WD 81 111 71 62 60 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4WD 91 112 98 67 63 89BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Quote more to save more
You just read a lot of ways to shop for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Long Beach auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
When you buy Long Beach auto insurance online, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
How to buy lower priced Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Long Beach
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Long Beach is to compare prices regularly from insurers in California.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like careless driving and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One bit of advice is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)